COVID-19 Policy at Pine Knob
Pine Knob is planning on opening for the 20/21 season. The safety of our guests, employees, and community are a priority and we are excited to welcome skiers and snowboarders back to Pine Knob with new policies and procedures in place. Below is what you can expect when you visit Pine Knob this year.
*Please note that this operating plan is subject to change as restrictions evolve. We will do all we can to keep our staff and guests safe while still providing the opportunity for skiers and snowboarders to enjoy the slopes. Our policy is currently being revised under the interpretation of the latest Michigan Emergency Order effective as of November 18, 2020
What We Expect from You
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick or exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- Face coverings are required when indoors, in lift lines, and riding chairlifts and rope tows.
- Be physically and mentally prepared to stay outside.
- Resort occupancy will be limited at this time to the use of restrooms, and carry out food and beverage items.
- Please be “booted-up” at your vehicle and ready to hit the slopes as there will be no bags or gear allowed to be left in the lodge. Lockers will be for rental patrons only.
- Please be respectful of employees at all times, including while enforcing COVID-19 related regulations.
- Be Courteous to others at all times, give people space and ask before boarding chairlifts.
- Face coverings will be required when:
- In the Lift Line
- At the base and top of the hill and areas around the lodge
- Riding on Chairlifts & Rope Tows
- During lessons
- In the lift line, maintain a tip to tail distance from people in front of you.
- More outdoor seating has been made available this season.
- Please check the website for hours of operation, snow conditions, and operating policies before visiting.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in common areas.
- Staff will regularly clean and disinfect high touch surfaces and common areas.
- Under the current rule, no indoor seating will be available for dining or gathering.
- Bags must be kept in your car. Lockers will be reserved for our rental patrons only.
Lift Tickets and Season Passes
- Pine Knob will not restrict ticket or pass sales at this time.
- We encourage season pass holders to purchase their passes online and pick them up pre-season.
- To help alleviate long ticket lines, mobile ticket sellers may be stationed outside on busy days.
- Our rental department will be open but will have capacity restrictions that may require patrons to wait in an outdoor line.
- Lockers will be available to rental patrons only.
- Masks are required.
Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Please visit the Ski & Snowboard School web page for details.
Food and Beverage
- Face coverings must worn at all times unless seated and eating or drinking.
- Do not remove masks until seated.
- Offerings will be limited this season. Under current rules, all sit-down dining must be done outdoors. All food and beverage items will be take-out only.
- Rearranging, moving, or reserving tables will NOT be permitted.
- Crockpots or commercial food will NOT be allowed.
- Outdoor seating has been expanded.
- The outdoor deck grill will be open as regularly as possible.
- The Pine Knob Ski Shop will be open but have capacity restrictions and access may be limited.
Pine Knob Ski Resort is located at:
Ext 1 snowline
Ext 3 business office
Located in Oakland County between Detroit and Flint, Pine Knob is your destination ski resort in Southeast Michigan. Whether you are a beginner or expert, family or individual, we are the place for you to enjoy the slopes this season!